Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kyunki Aaj Sachin Ka Birthday Hai!!

Raja, a Soooper friend of mine is moving to Banglore for next +/- 6 months and had planned a breakfast with close friends today 7am.
After having just a couple of hours of sleep last night I woke up EARLY in the morning that too on a SATURDAY (A BIG achievement for a lazy fella like me :D) and made it to the Hotel Savera on time and so did expected others (including Nilofar despite being known for bunking more often). (Now ofcourse those who had achieved something by not witnessing the Saturday sunrise ever! were skeptic about their record... and hence couldn't make it. :P).


As we met there, greeted each other and praised the living legend. It is his birthday and everyone remembered it (Well almost!), Yes! I'm talking of Sachin Tendulkar. Rakesh strongly believed it to be 25th April and not 24th. Others were sure and did not waste this oppurtunity to make a best bet with him "to pay the bill" if he was wrong (Proved Period!! thanks to the technology at hand).

As Rakesh was about to finish his cup of tea waiter brought the bill,
Rakesh: "it's on me!"
Raja grabbed the chance and handed over the bill amount to the waiter.
Rakesh "Kyun??"
on that Raja replied "Kyunki aaj Sachin ka birthday hai."

SACH is THE LEGEND & influence of Tendulkar.

P.S.:- (Not to mention that) we all are big fans of Tendlya (that is what we call him with affection and admiration)

And this I believe to be the best day, for me, to publish my first "story telling" blog post "KYUNKI AAJ SACHIN KA BIRTHDAY HAI!!" :)
- Sandeep D.

11 comments:

  1. Good Going Sandy. Let all your thoughts flood in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, what else can I expect from a lazy fella like ya :) ........... I am more than happy Deshu, finally someone wrote something about me [not directly though, but kuch to sahi :D , shuruaat to hui]

    Let me tell all the readers that I have a few friends who are very close to me. And those who are close to me know that I am the most 'Besharam' person as in I have asked all these close friends of mine to write me a testimonial on Orkut, or gift me on my birthday (dont take the wrong meaning out of the word Besharam :D ), or sometimes even write a blog on me, but they have never ever done so .......... until this new blogpost came up.(I would like to mention an exception here, Nilofar, she has been upto the mark, be it work or personal life, we need to learn many things from her, and she is one of my friends who has always done justice to the word FRIENDSHIP)

    About today's breakfast, let me elaborate on something no one knows yet :) ......... this morning I had a bad stomach and I was in a risky shape to eat outside, but then since I had planned this and invited my dear friends, I thought cancelling it at the last moment would spoil everyone's mood, including mine the most. So I took a tablet early morning and made it to the place, and to be on the safer side I ordered 'Dahi Idli' :) ......... Kaushal asked me to taste Idli Sambhar 'N' number of times ,but I said no, and at last when everyone ordered tea, I had a sip of Water Melon juice, just to be on the safer side. Initially I had planned to hang out for a longer time, but eventually it would have been a risk, nonetheless meeting all my dear friends in the morning was a good feeling, I know atleast these friends will definitely miss me :). I better stop writing anymore, coz this has become as long as the blog it seems !!!!!

    Thanks Deshu for being a good friend and you will be missed a lot, besides him, Nilofar, Ashish, Rakesh, and Kaushal thanks for making it to the breakfast this morning. (Please note that there is no ranking or any order in the way I mentioned my friends' names above)

    It was a memorable breakfast on a Legend's Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol :D
    didn't know the other part of the story. :)
    Raja if I had a clue... then for sure I would have asked everyone to stay a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its a very interesting post, thanks for writing it!

    Few lines from my side…..

    Gunge the hum sab barso se ab tak
    Mila hume mauka ye RAJA se milkar
    Mushkuraye sabhi hum NILOFAR sa khilkar
    Milti hai himmat fir KAUSHAL se judkar
    RAKESH ne dikhaya fir machalne ka manjar
    Jalta ho SANDEEP roj shaam ghar ghar
    Lute har pal hi ASHISH hum sab pe bhar bhar

    “Savere dali me baithi jaisi koyal ka gana
    Ya fir nanhi si chidiya ka ghar ho sajan
    Dosti ka har pal yun hi goonje tarana
    Agar saath ho fir kyon ruke ye jamana”

    Now,I m coming to the conclusion that blog comments matter a lot less than before... evidence:
    So frnds I m expecting atleast one comment from everyone………

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful lines Rimpu... :)
    Why don't you start blogging your poems?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have told this Rimpu so many times to start a blog of his own so that he will get 'Genuine' admirers and followers, but ye bandaa baat sunta hi nahi yaar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Start Deshu.... simple , short n sweet to begin with . Looking forward to read more of your posts ( I hope i get the next one soon ).
    P.S- Do post ur poems as well
    @ Shahnawaz : Tumhara comment to ek blog ban gaya.. A new topic for u to pen down !!
    @ Ashish : When am I getting a chance to read ur Blog Posts ? BTW , Nice poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written.. Brings out the love and affection we have towards him.. Also brings out the religion we follow called Sachin..

    ReplyDelete
  10. yup no wonder entire India thinks that way , an icon beyond comparison , A legend in making .

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Lakshmi, love and affection towards whom ;) ......... the blog has many 'hims' :P , so please be specific.

    and the other thing is that we dont follow any religion called Sachin, its Cricket, and we follow a God called Sachin, The God of Cricket :)

    ReplyDelete